Bueno Bike Lanzarote has officially launched (very quietly it must be said) today, Thursday January 16th, 2014. Exciting times it must be said for everybody concerned! We would like to express our sincere gratitude to everybody involved in getting the business off the ground, particularly to Fabio and Guliano and all the staff from Fliston’s Bike Rental.
From this week, we have launched 7 daily spins, designed to cater for all types for cyclists, particularly for cyclists that may not have been up on a bike in more recent times. Emphasis is on enjoyment, relaxation and of course, a spin would not be complete without a complimentary coffee stop. On Thursdays we go a step further with “Tapas in Tias” – a wonderfully winding trek through lava fields. We stop in Tias for complimentary tapas and coffee where you get the opportunity to tap into the guides local knowledge. Afterwards, as we make our way back to Puerto del Carmen, fabulous panoramic coastal views become a major feature as you freewheel most of the way back to Puerto del Carmen. We complete the tour with a spin around the “Old Town” of Puerto del Carmen where you will discover lots of restaurants with great atmosphere and of course a tiny little beach which we consider to be one of the (almost) hidden gems of Lanzarote.
- Ocean Lava Spin
- Puerto Calero Marina & Market Spin
- Tapas in Tias
- Arrecife Castle & Market Spin
A little more challenging on Friday and Sunday we have the:
- Wine Tour – 40km on the road to the La Geria wine region, with a stop at the half way point for complimentary coffee and wine tasting. Don’t worry about the pace, we wait for everybody!
- South Coast MTB tour – A beautiful, if not a little challenging off-road experience along the South Coast to Quemada with almost 30km of off-road and a coffee stop on the way back in the ever beautiful marina of Puerto Calero.
For those looking for a little more of a challenge on a Wednesday
- MTB Wine Valley – 40km with almost over 27km off-road. We encorporate a coffee stop at the half way point. Experience the feel of volcanic ash, it’s completely different to the mud and gravel of mainland Europe!
All spins leave Fliston’s Bike Rental in Matagorda or Fliston’s Bike Rental in Avenida Playa Grande, Puerto del Carmen at approximately 10am everyday.
We will let you know about other pick up points along the strip as the spins become available to purchase at other bike rental outlets, tourist operators and hotel complexes.
Bueno Bike Lanzarote is fully licenced to carry out guided bike tours on the island of Lanzarote and our business is covered by public liability.