Our guides use a minimum of factor 30 everyday including the winter months. Do not take any risks with your skin under any circumstances!
We do not recommend deep section wheels, particularly in excess of 40mm. Lanzarote is famous for it’s wind, besides, save your wheels for race day when you really need them! Use your winter wheels to get a little more out of your training.
If you bring your own bike, it goes without saying, it should be roadworthy. Alternatively, our bike tour partners, can provide you with a carbon or aluminium race bike with full mechanical back-up.
Should you leave your shoes and pedals at home, don’t worry, race shoes are available to rent as well!
Nutrition, recovery & sleep
Please take responsibility for your nutrition, recovery and sleep. The combination of terrain, heat and wind mean that many of the sessions are much more demanding than you would otherwise experience on mainland Europe.
- Equipment check the evening before
- Check each bike tour partner for their opening hours
- Have an early nights sleep
- Get up on time for a proper breakfast
- Take on adequate fluids, electrolytes and salts
- Take a minimum of 1.25L of fluid on the spin
- Take a sandwich or roll with you if possible
- Bring €€s & mobile phone in case of emergency